Friday, May 24, 2013

Five-Star Cake Wrap-up

I went into this online learning program with 2 expectations. 1) This is going to be a lot of busy work with no practical applications, and 2) I just need to get my 30 PGP points. I was surprisingly about the first point.

Through this course, I have learned to take a real look at myself as an educator when it comes to technology usage. Since I am ahead of the tech game at my school, I thought I was ahead of the game in general. I was very wrong. This couse helped me evaluate the way I use technology in the classroom, understand the importance of that technology, and use practical tools.

One of the best things to come from this class was the Symbaloo project ( http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/educationsites6 ). This pushed me to curate resources and helped me share them with my coworkers. That project opened my eyes to many new resources that were practical tools for my classroom.

I also learned numerous tips from my peers in the class. Their point of view in discussions helped me look at issues in new ways. I really enjoyed looking at how they used specific tech tools with their classes. Requiring me to give feedback to my peers was actually helpful, because it forced me to start a dialogue on topics I didn't even know needed discussion (online citizenship, pitfalls of brick and mortar, etc.)

Overall, I am glad I took this class, and not just for the PGP points! I would recommend this course to any educator who is looking to pursue an expansion in their online learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment