Thursday, May 9, 2013

Timetoast

The newest resource I have found and would like to use is Timetoast. Timetoast is  website where students and teachers can make timelines of events. When your mouse hovers over a dot, the information pops up, so there isn't a cluttered mess of descriptions.

Great Gatsby Time Toast

This is an example of a Timetoast created for The Great GatsbyHad I known about this site a few weeks ago, it would've been perfect to map the events in Huckleberry Finn. However, I know I will be teaching Slaughterhouse-Five next year. As I have mentioned before, the timeline in that novel is very confusing. The main character get "unstuck" from time and experiences events in a nonlinear fashion. This would be a great site to map out the character's life events, even though they aren't told in order.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to check this out...sounds like it would be great for art history as well! Can you add images as well as text?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to check this out too. I have a timeline on our site for our 1:1 and print-to-digital initiatives. I made it with Preceden. It isn't bad, but I don't love it either. I really like the look of TimeToast better. Thanks for sharing a new resource!

    ReplyDelete